Go Back   PreThemer Community > Main Category > Help & How-Tos

Old 09-21-2009, 09:00 PM
Administrator

Default How do I make changes to CSS and JS files?

In short: you can't with PreThemer. Not directly anyway. Why is this? Well, as outlined in the help section, copying over entire js and css files can cause issues when upgrading apps and open up your phone to anyone who wants to exploit it with malicious code.

All is not lost however. I'm slowly implementing common js and css changes and allowing them to be editable during the theme upload/editing process. Not only will this be easier on the themer, but in the end, it will be safer for the end user, and themes will easily port over to various app and OS versions (since PreThemer's method only patches the css/js instead of replacing it).

Here's what you can change so far:
===============================================

Carrier String: This is the string that appears at the top left on your main screen and while in the phone (assuming you have service). Right now, it's Sprint, or Virtua if you use the emulator.

This can be changed on the "SYSTEM UI" page of the theme editor.

Carrier String & Clock Color: Changing this will change the color of the text on the top bar (carrier/app name and clock) to the color your specify. You should enter the HEX value of a color (do not include the #).

This can be changed on the "SYSTEM UI" page of the theme editor.

Messaging App text & Background color: Go to the messaging app page to change these. It will allow you to use a dark background with lighter text, or just use it to play with the styles.

Dialer text color: Change this if you want the numbers displayed as you dial made a different color. This is especially helpful if you have a light-colored dialer background -- you can have darker text.

===============================================

This list will be updated as options are added.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:15 PM

Love it I'm going to start using this in my themes. What's next on your list? Changing the messaging background color and text color would be great.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Well, had to make some fixes to the carrier string last night, as soon as that's deemed stable, I'd like to get to the text color in the phone app (when you dial a number)
Old 09-28-2009, 04:44 AM

Default Font Changes in other apps?

Will you have text color changes for other applications? I need to change the text color in the Music Player the way I did in the phone app. Awesome... Awesome... site by the way!!! I finally created the perfect theme for myself, and am able to upgrade as I figure things out!!

Thank you so much!!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 AM

i can't change the color on my theme. i put different hex numbers and nothing change. or i can see the changes when the theme goes online????
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Administrator

I'm not sure where you're looking for the changes? If you're looking on the preview tab, you'll need to regenerate previews after making changes...
Old 10-05-2009, 01:31 AM

i make previews after changes. and the changes i want them on the color of the clock, carrier text and also i can't change the carrier name.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:34 AM

i don't know what i did. but it's working now. thanks.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:39 PM

Can you make it so we can change the font color of the icons in the launcher page? This is in the launcher.css file. About half way down there is a spot to change the font color.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:58 AM

hmmm i have a problem with changing back the font to the default white. I wrote FFFFFF instead of the value i had before, but after reinstalling the theme i still cant change the font color. It didnt change when uninstalling the theme either. Did i miss something here?

Thanks for the help guys!