Go Back   PreThemer Community > Main Category > Help & How-Tos

Old 09-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default How do I upload themes?

Boot logos and wallpapers are easy to upload. Go to "My Account", then click on "My Wallpapers" or "My Bootlogos". Upload the related files, and poof, you're done.

Themes
Since theming is so involved, there are multiple sections for various bits.

For each section, you can upload each image file individually or in bulk. Before going forward, you should ensure that your files are named exactly what they are named on the Pre. This will allow you to bulk upload.

• Emoticons: These are for the emoticons that appear in the messaging app. You can upload these one by one, or upload a single zip/rar file containing all the emoticons (appropriately named).
  • Launcher: This is where you edit the launcher icon shown on the quicklaunch bar as well as the files found in "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher".
  • System UI: This is where you edit the images found in "/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui". As usual, you can do them one by one or individually.
  • SysMGR: This is where you edit the images found in "/usr/palm/sysmgr". As usual, you can do them one by one or individually.
  • APPs: The apps we've indexed and enabled for theming can be found under the apps dropdown. For each app you can edit the launcher icon as well as all the images indexed for that app. As with the others, you can upload a single zip/rar (of appropriately names files) or edit the images individually.
Don't forget to set your theme online after finishing up!

Can I preview my theme before setting it online?
Yes. Go to the preview sub-tab when editing your theme. If there are previews already generated they will appear along with an indication of when they were generated.

To generate new screenshots just click the button at the bottom of the screen. This could take a few minutes so be patient!

Do you have a list of all the themeable images?
This is a work in progress, and the list can be found here: http://www.prethemer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29
Old 09-26-2009, 07:46 PM

OK - So I am uploading a theme, and selected some ICONs for different items. I didnt realized until after I did the preview that my transparent backgrounds were not transparent - I have not finished uploading, when I go back to that option to delete the icon I previously added, there is no option to remove it - Ive viewed the "manual files" but none of them are for the icon - my only option is it change it to something different, but I dont have the originals

Please tell me how to remove the icons once you selected to add them but then want to remove them

I havent tried completing and editing to see if then i can remove them, I will be doing that but would like to know if there is a better/easier way

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Administrator

That's a dummy move on my part that I didnt include a delete this file checkbox

I can add it when I get home, but maybe in the meantime download the zip of a theme that has normal icons?

Or you an resave your icons with transparency
Old 09-26-2009, 09:53 PM

I finally after 6 hours ( hahaha ) figured out how to get them saved transparent but glad we found something that needed fixed!

THANKS!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 10:29 PM
Administrator

Good theme looks good
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 AM

Maybe Im just dumb but how do I upload my elements? Under the theme uploader the part for your theme asks that you upload a zip file with theme.xml in it. I unfortunately do not have one of those. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Administrator

Skip that, once the theme is created, you will see menus to individually upload elements.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:35 PM

So, I was doing this from my Palm Pre...and it saved to the phone from the website...now I can't figure out how to access this "media" folder that seems non-existent on my phone.

So, if I wanted to do it through the website, I can...but now I have 2 files taking up space on my phone that I cannot find to delete.

I didn't realize to upload the themes I would need to do it through the website...so...now I have a phone that is 4 days old, and I can't figure out how to remove these files (Google Epic Failed at that.

I hope you can help!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrettasaphire View Post

So, I was doing this from my Palm Pre...and it saved to the phone from the website...now I can't figure out how to access this "media" folder that seems non-existent on my phone.

So, if I wanted to do it through the website, I can...but now I have 2 files taking up space on my phone that I cannot find to delete.

I didn't realize to upload the themes I would need to do it through the website...so...now I have a phone that is 4 days old, and I can't figure out how to remove these files (Google Epic Failed at that.

I hope you can help!
I'm not to sure what youo are saying but you can download Jaspn's app call Internalz (remeber to download FileMGR) and it will let you see all the files/ directories on your phone. you can download it here:
FileMGR Service http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/filemgr-service
Internalz http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/internalz

After the app is working, go to downloads or wherever you downloaded the content and you can delete straight from your device.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:05 AM

Default please help

i dont wanna mess anythign up or get all frustrated when i do this later on... do i upload the themes from my pre via web browser on the pre or download them on my computer... if on the computer where do i save them to and how do i get them onto my pre? not verry computer savyy, thnkss (: