Go Back   PreThemer Community > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2011, 03:13 AM

Default Theming future?

I'm curious what others think.....

With all the new toys coming out (or already released), I wonder if the theming community will return to being more active. Many moved on to other pastures some time ago.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:04 PM

Clearly i'm answering this months late, but assuming the Touchpad i ordered actually shows up, i'll be back to theme-ing within a week or so =]
Old 08-28-2011, 08:16 PM

I took silence as the answer LOL

I haven't contributed nearly the amount of work you or others have done, but I was interested in getting back into it. Unfortunately a few things in real-life kept me away. HP kinda put me off for the past week but I think the bug will get me.

I'm curious about theming for the TPad too

Old 08-28-2011, 09:40 PM

Haha, at least there's still a few of us left. I think we could probably still use the site for the most part, but I was just going to start manually building my themes & just use the site as a way to get it into the feeds. Based on how many of us are left I might build a simple tool to help us make them from scratch, otherwise writing the XML isn't too difficult to do by hand.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:12 AM

Yeah, it was much easier for me to get things going using this site. I tried what Precentral had but it seemed to be much more effort. Maybe I was confused. heh
Old 08-31-2011, 01:37 AM

yeah, I feel like it might be easier to just unzip the Doctor to see exactly what to edit & work like that. Just have to find some free time now to get it done.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:31 PM

I'd definitely like to start making some Touchpad themes but I'm having a really hard time figure it out. I used WebOSThemeBuilder and when I uploaded the .zip to prethemer, some of the icons did not change. I then tried to use prethemer to build a Touchpad theme and it resized my wallpaper.

I wish there was a Touchpad package that I could just open up and go through all the images and redesign them. I guess I'm going to try precentral and WebOSThemeBuilder again and hope that the results are better next time. It would be awesome if this site had a Touchpad specific upload section.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:26 PM

I'm gonna try to create for the touchpad...but there's no easy way to do it. Using the "files" tab is a b...h. I still have no idea how to add a wallpaper or where its hiding. Maybe we should start am image path and size thread to help each other out. Ya know, like Prethemer used to do....ah, those were the good ol' says! Haha.

hi Veritas, how ya been?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastpiece View Post
I'd definitely like to start making some Touchpad themes but I'm having a really hard time figure it out. I used WebOSThemeBuilder and when I uploaded the .zip to prethemer, some of the icons did not change. I then tried to use prethemer to build a Touchpad theme and it resized my wallpaper.

I wish there was a Touchpad package that I could just open up and go through all the images and redesign them. I guess I'm going to try precentral and WebOSThemeBuilder again and hope that the results are better next time. It would be awesome if this site had a Touchpad specific upload section.
it will re-size the wallpaper, but you could just add it using the "files" tab...oh and please share the image pathway, like I said, I can't locate it using internalz.