Go Back   PreThemer Community > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2011, 08:20 PM

Thumbs up Why does everyone make garbage on here?

WHY MAKE A THEME IF YOU DON'T EVEN TRY

I don't mean everyone. I'm not talking about the themers from the beginning, or the people that actually take pride in their work and want to contribute something meaningful. I have waited a long time, day after day, every day I come on here hoping an praying the home page isn't covered in crap, but it is.

What happened, to the good old days where people made real themes with real icons that actually enhanced the look of the phone, and people actually downloaded them. 1,000's of downloads per theme. Now someone with a good theme is lucky to break 100 downloads because people don't want to sift through all this absolute trash on here.

About 1 out of 10 themes posted on this site now are good themes worth downloading. And that’s on a good day. I really feel bad for new visitors to this site and all the see is a pile of horse sh*t. This site used to be amazing, and it still can be, if every idiot with a computer wasn't uploading what they this is the most amazing thing ever. People need to see quality themes again, the quality level people are used to now is disgusting.

Here are some rules I am asking for:

IF YOUR THEME IS FOR PERSONAL USE, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE

IF YOU ARE TESTING YOUR THEME AND IT IS NOT FINISHED, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE

IF YOU ARE BLATANTLY COPYING SOMEONE ELSE'S THEME, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE

NO MORE THEMES THAT ONLY CHANGE THE WALLPAPER, THATS WHY THERE IS A "WALLPAPER" SECTION

NO MORE THEMES THAT ONLY CHANGE BOOT SCREENS, THATS WHY THERE IS A "BOOT SCREENS" SECTION

NO MORE THEMES WITH NON-TRANSPARENT .PNG ICONS, I AM F*CKING SICK OF ALL THESE .JPG'S WITH WHITE BACKGROUNDS, I MEAN COME ON

NO MORE HALF ASS iPHONE, ANDROID, WINDOWS, AND MAC THEMES, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, STOP NOW

ONE LAST THING, SOME SORT OF VOTING SYSTEM, IF ENOUGH PEOPLE THINK SOMETHING IS TRASH, IT WILL BE DELETED

If these rules were followed, it would probably reduce the themes on this site by half.

LETS GO PEOPLE, LETS GO FOR QUALITY, NOT QUANTITY!
Old 02-12-2011, 02:53 PM

I Feel You Bro And Yes You Totally Rite On Everything But People Just Dont Get It They Dont Give A Dmmmmm Shttt Lmaoooo If I Were The Rite Hand Of The Owner Of This Beautiful Site I Will Totally Do The Samething What Precentral.net Do That Some Else Must Have To Check Every Theme And Then Post It On Public But In This Case Is Totally Free No Body Tell Ya Anything But To Do The Best
Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 AM

I totally agree with you especially after I come online today and see someone just copied my tron theme and put it up as their own after changing like 3 icons.

and I also think that most people just underestimate what an effort it is to create a theme. If you can't make it then stop it, or ask for help, but don't put up those half assed themes.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:46 AM

You guys are right. A lot of people copy from others, and that is totally one thing (as long as you are giving credit), but those lazy themes with like three changed icons and a new background are ridiculous. Total lack of effort.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:21 PM

I've been away from the site for awhile now since I switched phones, except to post a reqested version of one of my themes and I can't believe and the wasted use of space on here now......I may not have been the best themer around,,, BUT I aleast tried....mre than I can say for what I'm seeing now
Old 03-15-2011, 07:31 PM

......word
Old 03-26-2011, 06:33 AM

[quote=samnoonan;4173]WHY MAKE A THEME IF YOU DON'T EVEN TRY

I don't mean everyone. I'm not talking about the themers from the beginning, or the people that actually take pride in their work and want to contribute something meaningful. I have waited a long time, day after day, every day I come on here hoping an praying the home page isn't covered in crap, but it is.

What happened, to the good old days where people made real themes with real icons that actually enhanced the look of the phone, and people actually downloaded them. 1,000's of downloads per theme. Now someone with a good theme is lucky to break 100 downloads because people don't want to sift through all this absolute trash on here.

About 1 out of 10 themes posted on this site now are good themes worth downloading. And thatís on a good day. I really feel bad for new visitors to this site and all the see is a pile of horse sh*t. This site used to be amazing, and it still can be, if every idiot with a computer wasn't uploading what they this is the most amazing thing ever. People need to see quality themes again, the quality level people are used to now is disgusting.

Here are some rules I am asking for:

IF YOUR THEME IS FOR PERSONAL USE, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE

IF YOU ARE TESTING YOUR THEME AND IT IS NOT FINISHED, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE

IF YOU ARE BLATANTLY COPYING SOMEONE ELSE'S THEME, DON'T PUT IT ONLINE

NO MORE THEMES THAT ONLY CHANGE THE WALLPAPER, THATS WHY THERE IS A "WALLPAPER" SECTION

NO MORE THEMES THAT ONLY CHANGE BOOT SCREENS, THATS WHY THERE IS A "BOOT SCREENS" SECTION

NO MORE THEMES WITH NON-TRANSPARENT .PNG ICONS, I AM F*CKING SICK OF ALL THESE .JPG'S WITH WHITE BACKGROUNDS, I MEAN COME ON

NO MORE HALF ASS iPHONE, ANDROID, WINDOWS, AND MAC THEMES, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, STOP NOW

ONE LAST THING, SOME SORT OF VOTING SYSTEM, IF ENOUGH PEOPLE THINK SOMETHING IS TRASH, IT WILL BE DELETED."

your post reminds me of another post I read of yours

"Oh my God man, do you hate everyone? Have you ever left a nice comment? You haven't even created a theme. Do you do anything but spend all your time on this site complaining about other peoples themes? If you don't like mine why don't you create your own you lazy ungrateful ass. When you download it the bubbles do look like the iPhone bubbles. I can only edit the images, I cant control what the generated photos .his site look like or how the phone Here are some rules I am asking forfunctions. So quit being a dick."

you should listen to yourself
Old 03-26-2011, 04:50 PM

Default Haha

I know right, I'm a fun person aren't I? That comment was about this dude that was pissing me off because he was going around shitting on every ones themes, people that actually made good themes, and that dude would always complain about them but he never made any themes him self. But he's cool now. Any ways , I've been here since the beginning and Ive been able to see this site go from awesome to a pile of shit because no one gives a shit about making a good theme.

By the way, are you seriously grouping Adolf Hitler and George Bush together?

Last edited by samnoonan; 03-26-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:33 AM

Ah...beauty and brains. Sound it guy
Old 05-09-2011, 09:09 PM

I've been out for a while now, but I was in the beginning stages of creating a little something for v2.1 as i'm going crazy without. I have had my themes ripped off in ways you wouldn't believe and I would write Prethemer and he would delete it. Unfortunately, he is nolonger managing the site, so people need to just be smart, courteous, and fair. We were/are lucky to have this site as long as we did, and If I knew how, I would create or take over this site, but i can't. Pre minus/plus are on the out guys, so things have to change. Keep your eyes open for other ways to create/download themes, I think somebody will take on the challenge.