Go Back   PreThemer Community > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 PM

Default webOS 2.1 and Pre 2 Compatibility?

I recently had a Pre 2 owner running webOS 2.1 let me know that my "2001: A Space Odyssey" theme makes his phone hang.

Is anything being done to allow for compatibility with new phones/OSs?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 11:18 PM

Good question. I can't imaging why it would lag...do you have a bunch of patches that dl with the theme?
On another note....there are four new devices out, or coming out. I'd love to start creating themes for the tablet, that would be pretty cool. I doubt prethemer will have the time to change this site or create another that will upload themes so easily to devices... if I knew how I would. So, if there's anyone out there that would like to take on the challenge or if possible get permission to make the necessary changes to this site for the image changes etc.
For any other ideas guys, this is the place.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:51 PM

two thumbs up ( holley2583 )
Old 03-12-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holley2583 View Post
Good question. I can't imaging why it would lag...do you have a bunch of patches that dl with the theme?
On another note....there are four new devices out, or coming out. I'd love to start creating themes for the tablet, that would be pretty cool. I doubt prethemer will have the time to change this site or create another that will upload themes so easily to devices... if I knew how I would. So, if there's anyone out there that would like to take on the challenge or if possible get permission to make the necessary changes to this site for the image changes etc.
For any other ideas guys, this is the place.
No patches or anything like it. Just picture files.

I would be nice to have templates for the different major releases, i.e. 1.4.5, 2.1, 3.0 or by form factor.

Or you make changes to a generic template, then select to device you intended it for. Incompatible files, locations etc. will be listed with an option to continue or cancel. If you continue the incompatible items will not be included in the theme.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 AM

Well, you could try to update the main backgrounds, boot logos, etc. Were you able to uninstall the theme completely? Or were files stuck? i'd like to try downloading one of my themes, but i would hate for it to get screwed up since I just spent a couple hours getting all the goodies on 2.1, ya know. I haven't spent any time checking out image size changes, additions, subs, but i'm sure it will get done eventually. Keep checking back. In the meantime, im just gonna create a scaled down version of one of my themes and upload that.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:48 PM

Default some misunderstanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holley2583 View Post
Well, you could try to update the main backgrounds, boot logos, etc. Were you able to uninstall the theme completely? Or were files stuck? i'd like to try downloading one of my themes, but i would hate for it to get screwed up since I just spent a couple hours getting all the goodies on 2.1, ya know. I haven't spent any time checking out image size changes, additions, subs, but i'm sure it will get done eventually. Keep checking back. In the meantime, im just gonna create a scaled down version of one of my themes and upload that.
I thing you misunderstood my initial post. I am not having problems with the theme; it was reported to me by a user of the theme.

I just upgraded my Sprint Pre to 2.1.0, installed the theme and got some errors. Upon reboot, there was no customization for boot screen, app launcher scrim, new background for phone app buttons on the bottom, phone app buttons when pressed, and initial card loading background. That's all I can think of for now.