Go Back   PreThemer Community > Main Category > Help & How-Tos

Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henndogg78 View Post
and you sir are the man..... lol... ok ok.. i guess it is time to get crazy here.. You said I can change the preware icon. I see the one from the 3rd party icon but what about the one that is on my phone. I like the little penguin and all, kinda funny little guy but he really doesn't fit in theme I am trying to make. How would I be able to change that one. And I really am VERY thankful for your help and grills as well. I know how to make ringtones and sms tones as well as change them on the pre, if you guys needed some help with that which I'm sure you don't. But since i am broke this is the only way of contributing for now until work picks up. LOL!!!

alls ya gotta do is goto the third party icons, click on preware, and browse your computer for the image you want ,then upload and save
Old 03-04-2010, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas06 View Post
Some themers have problems getting a few webOS Internals icons to change ( i have the same problem with the PreWare icon as well as Quake / Doom even though i have them set to change ). Not sure why we're having issues with those icons. I thought it had something to do with the permissions but never looked into it further.
Has anyone PMd PreThemer and asked him to take a look? My guess is that the file locations are incorrect now that apps are located on the media drive in the cryptofs folder.

Themes by GrillSgt thread
See all GrillSgt's themes

Feedback is appreciated. While not required, if you like my themes, please donate a little to show your appreciation for my work. Thx

My Websites (not for profit, but for fun):
GrillSgt's Firepit
BillCanGrill.com
Follow me on Twitter.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 PM

I forget the user who did, but PreThemer answered in one of the threads saying he was able to get the icon working. I've tried using the 3rd Party Tab as well as manually through 'Files' & still, no luck
Old 03-04-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrillSgt View Post
Has anyone PMd PreThemer and asked him to take a look? My guess is that the file locations are incorrect now that apps are located on the media drive in the cryptofs folder.
the cryptofs folder! Is that the folder from internalz. I did install that program along with the file manager service like you said to do before and I do have that app working on my phone. But as I did look through the folders I don't know where to look for these types of icons. And there images are not viewable. I haven't talked to prethemer about things like this, just seeing if anyone had some ideas and have done things like this.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:30 PM

/media/cryptofs/usr/palm/applications/
Is the directory where 3rf Part apps are installed to. If you're looking for a specific icon or to change a specific icon, chances are it's in the above folder. 4efault Palm apps ( ir: Email, Phone, Messaging ) are installed elsewhere.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:49 AM

Okay so this may sound incredibly new but how do I download the .zip for already made themes? I can only seem to get the .ipk can anyone help?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 PM

Some of the themers ( myself included ) have turned off the zip downloads due to themes being 'ripped-off' by users who download the zip & reupload it with barely any change & take credit.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:51 AM

I can't seem to find ANY themes with .zip files though. My whole purpose for wanting one is instructional...something to examine and use as a guide to making a theme.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoColossus1020 View Post
I can't seem to find ANY themes with .zip files though. My whole purpose for wanting one is instructional...something to examine and use as a guide to making a theme.
All my themes have the zip files available. Feel free to download them, pull them apart and learn from them.

These three have all been updated to WebOS 1.4.0
Monster Energy
Monster Energy Redux
Red Bull

These themes are updated to WebOS 1.3.5 (I haven't updated these yet because I just haven't been motivated lately to do them)
St. Louis Cardinals
Iron Maiden
Dimebag Darrell
Spinal Tap

Themes by GrillSgt thread
See all GrillSgt's themes

Feedback is appreciated. While not required, if you like my themes, please donate a little to show your appreciation for my work. Thx

My Websites (not for profit, but for fun):
GrillSgt's Firepit
BillCanGrill.com
Follow me on Twitter.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:36 AM

Here are a few:

Preware - /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware/

Preware Alpha - /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.preware-alpha/

Doom- /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.sdldoom/

For anyone changing this, the method I use is WQIS. I get the icon ready (each individual icon must be named icon.png, whereas the icon for preware has to named icon.png. And the icon for preware alpha must be named icon.png. If you do not change them, they will not change.)

Once you have the icon ready, open WQIS, click on send file. A box will open up, you can then select your icon, and input the file path to change the icon.

Once you have all of the changes done (icons sent by send file), you have to restart Luna for the changes to take effect. You can either use Luna Manager to do it, or hit Linux Command Line in WQIS and type in pkill LunaSysMgr. (sometimes I have to type this twice for some reason to get it to restart Luna).

I too have tried to add the file changes to my themes (I have over 20, but only a few are visible), but the changes are never included in the theme. So using the workaround above is the only method to change them. One word of caution though, should you want to revert back to any original icon on a 3rd party program not already listed on prethemer, you have to manually change it back. So if you change all of your icons to make a true Iphone theme, and then you want to change to a new theme, you will have iphone icons and the new theme icons at the same time (if that makes sense).

Sorry if this has been listed before. Preware, Doom, Preware Alpha and most of the other 3rd party icons have been able to be changed manually.

Tags
fonts, icons, photos, software, themes