Go Back   PreThemer Community > Main Category > Help & How-Tos

Old 02-16-2010, 03:41 AM

I just got my Pre and I'm ready to create a custom theme. I appreciate your input here, as "how do I do it?" was my first question. I'll let you know how it goes!
Thanks again!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:46 AM

grill: great work. you have helped me out a lot and i am on my way to creating themes and right now i am trying to mix up a bunch of dif themes from other people to make the perfect one for me. I have a question about changing things like the boot logo and the screen lock pad. I know you said we can do this in create theme page, but under what section am i able to do all of this. Also changing the backround dialer. I don't see the section for it. Maybe I will just add some things and see what it looks like but your help will probably be more accurate. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING
Old 03-03-2010, 04:13 AM

is it possible to change icons that are already on your phone for example the preware icon.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henndogg78 View Post
grill: great work. you have helped me out a lot and i am on my way to creating themes and right now i am trying to mix up a bunch of dif themes from other people to make the perfect one for me. I have a question about changing things like the boot logo and the screen lock pad. I know you said we can do this in create theme page, but under what section am i able to do all of this. Also changing the backround dialer. I don't see the section for it. Maybe I will just add some things and see what it looks like but your help will probably be more accurate. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING
Boot logo is on the common > boot screen page

I'm not sure what you are referring to as the screen lock pad.

The dialer images are in the applications > phone page

Quote:
Originally Posted by henndogg78 View Post
is it possible to change icons that are already on your phone for example the preware icon.
Yes, just create a new icon, name it icon.png and upload it to the appropriate icon on icons > 3rd party icons page.

Themes by GrillSgt thread
See all GrillSgt's themes

Feedback is appreciated. While not required, if you like my themes, please donate a little to show your appreciation for my work. Thx

My Websites (not for profit, but for fun):
GrillSgt's Firepit
BillCanGrill.com
Follow me on Twitter.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:22 PM

hey i found the page I was looking for. lol. Hey grill so I have downloaded the internalz and file manager. You were saying to change things like icons all we have to do is change the image. Where is the image from the phone, meaning how would I find the preware image. I have my phone plugged in and is on usb when i open it up there is nothing there to change. Are you referring to internalz to change the icons.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:28 PM

To change icons you can do that through the site here, you don't have to use Internalz unless you just wanted to change one icon & didn't want to make a whole theme.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas06 View Post
To change icons you can do that through the site here, you don't have to use Internalz unless you just wanted to change one icon & didn't want to make a whole theme.
yeah i got the part where i can change icons from here, except the icon like preware. I was also wondering how to change the more advanced things like the color on the phone dialer and the back round on it. grill was saying copy the files from the phone onto the computer and I was wondering where are the files from the phone. When I plug in my phone and go to usb the files that are on my phone don't have anything to change, meaning the things that I want to change. I would like to make a more detailed theme like for example the modern warfare 2 theme that has edits in the phone portion. I just need to know where those types of files are and where do I go for them, I kinda already have everything that I need to make the changes just don't know where to go from here... Thanks for the reply...
Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 PM

If you create a theme, then go to 'Applications' Tab & select 'Phone' scroll down to 'Manage Individual Files' & all the editable files will be in there, as well as their default image so you can edit just that image if you want to.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas06 View Post
If you create a theme, then go to 'Applications' Tab & select 'Phone' scroll down to 'Manage Individual Files' & all the editable files will be in there, as well as their default image so you can edit just that image if you want to.
and you sir are the man..... lol... ok ok.. i guess it is time to get crazy here.. You said I can change the preware icon. I see the one from the 3rd party icon but what about the one that is on my phone. I like the little penguin and all, kinda funny little guy but he really doesn't fit in theme I am trying to make. How would I be able to change that one. And I really am VERY thankful for your help and grills as well. I know how to make ringtones and sms tones as well as change them on the pre, if you guys needed some help with that which I'm sure you don't. But since i am broke this is the only way of contributing for now until work picks up. LOL!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:22 AM

Some themers have problems getting a few webOS Internals icons to change ( i have the same problem with the PreWare icon as well as Quake / Doom even though i have them set to change ). Not sure why we're having issues with those icons. I thought it had something to do with the permissions but never looked into it further.

Tags
fonts, icons, photos, software, themes